Dear Business Owner, Thank you and your team members for hosting me these past three years. It has been fun terrorizing everyone throughout the world. Talk about a multicultural experience!
I’ve created a New Work Order to add to the chaos! I’m looking for your key team members.
Here are a few gifts I left behind for you:
- FEAR, Baby!
- Long-term recovery times with “fog brain”, neurological symptoms, and baby issues because Mom was pregnant and caught me.
- Heightened fear and anxiety across the board
- Children set back at least one grade
- Jobs left behind
- Fatigued workers
- Dumbed-down social skills
- Students and employees unable to focus
- Lack of sleep and relaxation
- No-Plan for the future
- Please add your own!
These are unintended consequences I couldn’t avoid:
- Appreciation for medical personnel and hospital staffs
- Appreciation for essential workers
- Appreciation for teachers
My cousins are due to arrive this holiday season. I hope you’ll have room to put them up. I hope you are prepared to run your businesses differently and treat your personnel with care. They’ve been through a lot–I tested them frequently!
If you have not already taken stock of improvements to overcome my intrusion, now’s the time to take inventory. Consider these ideas:
- Be sure your team keeps their hands washed and clean at all times.
- Continue to sanitaize work and eating surfaces.
- Be kind to people who call in sick so they don’t infect others.
- Find cute masks, preferably ones with see-through sections to show off smiles.
- Determine how many of your staff are vaccinated to see if you achieve “herd immunity.”
- Pay your team a hazard bonus to show your appreciation when possible. Payment may be other than cash like time off, a gift certificate, or fun outing.
Until then, I will make an effort to see you again soon.