This question can be a useful tool to measure your intentions or to assist you while making a decision. We know intentions count when seeking a solution or serving a client.
Just stopping long enough to ponder this silly comparison may add perspective to your choices.
Here are a limited list of conditions for comparison:
- Heroes are selfless. They DO something for nothing.
- Heroes put others first.
- Heroes give others credit.
- Heroes can act and respond quickly.
- Heroes are self-directed.
- Heroes come in all shapes and sizes
- Independent thinker.
- Goats are always looking for a handout for something to “eat.”
- Goats are friendly and need to be herded.
- Goats can give milk, one flavor, and you do the work!
- Goats are sure-footed and climb rough terrain when guided.
- Herd mentality.
Ultimately, I ask myself, “Do I want to be a hero or a goat?” What am I willing to do, to step up for my friends, family, or clients? Sometimes, we have to break our own “log jam.”
What are your steps to make a decision? -MC